Sunday, March 14, 2010

Missed Stitches and Other Longings

It's been a tough week here at Sleeping Cat Studio. After months of mostly less-than-busy days at the office, a big project on a tight deadline had me clocking around 60 hours, wrapping up late Saturday evening.

Now, don't get me wrong. After 40-some years in the graphic design business, I know all about working to meet deadlines. But this has seriously cut into my knitting time, pre-empted my planned days off to work in my garden, and left me too tired for my usual Sunday painting session.

Still I am very happy to have a job. It's what enables me to pursue my knitting and gardening and painting. I do still chant my daily mantra: I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. And tomorrow afternoon, when I leave the office, there should be plenty of daylight left to enjoy. Which leads me to think back to last year's first day of Spring:


I drove down Cherry Road the other evening, and the trees aren't nearly this far along toward their blossomy magnificence. In fact, they looked downright wintery. Which will make them all the more beautiful when the time comes.

Which will be soon I know. In the meantime, with any luck my schedule will get back to something resembling normal, and my hands back into something yarny or soily or painty.

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.



1 comment:

  1. I'm all for yarny, soily, painty and drawy, dolly, etc..........and I love my job- I love my job- I love my job ......

    ReplyDelete